Ethlings is launching on Layer 2. This 2-minute video is the simplest step-by-step guide on how to mint (buy) Ethlings once we've launched.
What's the best way to get ready for the Ethlings launch?
1. Follow us on Twitter (@ethlings) and join our discord to keep up to date with information and receive support
2. Optionally transfer Ethereum to Polygon beforehand (using https://wallet.matic.network/bridge/
) at a time of day when gas is low. Remember, each Ethling is 0.1111 ETH, and you may want to have a bit extra for wearables.
What do I do if I don't have enough gas for Wearables changes?
Jump into the Discord community and ping the support channel. We'll hook you up.
What is Polygon/Matic?
Polygon/Matic is a Layer 2 blockchain that scales the Ethereum network.
The Ethlings team and community collectively decided to launch on Polygon because of its near-zero gas fees. For some of the insights into that decision, check out this short thread: https://twitter.com/ethlings/status/1393379325127372800
How do I transfer ETH from Ethereum Mainnet to Polygon/Matic?
You can use the Matic Bridge (https://wallet.matic.network/bridge/
). We recommend doing so at a time of day when gas is low. Once your ETH is transferred, the gas on Polygon/Matic is close to zero, and you'll be able to customize your Ethling with almost no transaction costs!
If this is your first time transferring ETH to Polygon/Matic, you may also want to do the following to make your Wrapped ETH (i.e. your ETH but on Polygon) show up in Metamask: (1) Open Metamask (2) Click "Add Token" (3) 0x7ceB23fD6bC0adD59E62ac25578270cFf1b9f619 is the Token Contract Address (4) Hit "Next". Now, it should show up!
I've transferred ETH to Polygon/Matic, but my Metamask shows no WETH balance on Polygon/Matic.
If you’ve followed the instructions carefully, everything is a-okay.
There are two key reasons why you may not see your funds:
1. It normally takes 7-8 minutes for ETH to be transferred to Polygon.
2. The ETH is in your wallet and just not showing up on Metamask. That's because you need to add WETH as a custom token in Metamask. To do so: (1) Open Metamask (2) Click "Add Token" (3) 0x7ceB23fD6bC0adD59E62ac25578270cFf1b9f619 is the Token Contract Address (4) Hit "Next". Now, it should show up!
How do I transfer my funds back to ETH on Mainnet?
What wallets do you support?
The Ethlings website is compatible with Metamask.
Do I need MATIC token in my wallet to mint Ethlings?
Nope. We'll pay for your gas fees.
Can I trade my Ethling?
Yes. Ethlings has integrated with OpenSea.io. As of early May 2021, NFTs on Polygon/Matic can be traded on the regular OpenSea site, just like any NFT on Ethereum Mainnet.
My Ethling looks out-of-date on OpenSea. What do I do?
Click the "refresh" button at the top right of the item page for your Ethling. Reload the page a few minutes later and it should be updated!
How do I switch my wallet to Polygon/Matic?
If you minted an Ethling during launch, the onboarding flow added Matic Mainnet to your Metamask wallet.
To add Matic Mainnet to your MetaMask:
1. Click on the Metamask extension in your browser
2. Click the Network selection dropdown at the top
3. Click on Custom RPC. It will open up a form with 2 tabs on the top, Settings and Info.
- In the Settings tab you can add the network with the following details:
Network Name: Matic Mainnet
New RPC URL: https://rpc-mainnet.maticvigil.com/
Chain ID: 137
Currency Symbol: MATIC
Block Explorer URL: https://explorer.matic.network/
Can I mint on mobile?
The Ethlings website is optimized for use on desktops/laptops.